Monday, March 12, 2018

A Little News, But Not Much

Well, it appears my website host sent their renewal notice to my (for all intents and purposes) DEAD Yahoo mailbox, so some Singapore-based business bought my .com domain. This practice I will never, ever understand. Why would someone want a website bearing another person's name?

Anyway, if you have some inexplicable, burning desire to visit my author site, it is now www.kzsnow.net. That's right: dot NET. (There's a handy-dandy button on the far right that will take you there -- if, that is, it isn't all screwed up again.) I'm in the process of making changes to my book listings almost everywhere.

The titles I published through Ellora's Cave and Samhain are, as you likely know, gone. Soon, the titles I've published through Loose Id will also be gone. That leaves a couple of novellas at Liquid Silver Publishing (Fugly and Bastards and Pretty Boys) and a batch of books at Dreamspinner Press.

I still don't know what's going to become of my disenfranchised work. I've been feeling pretty defeated for a number of years, so it's difficult to come up with a plan and stick to it. All the monkeyshines in the m/m genre, from which there's apparently no escape, certainly don't help.

Many thanks to those of you who still care.

 

2 comments:

Lena Grey said...

I still care! I miss you and your books! <3

neyronrose said...

I care. I had been wondering what happened to your website, because I had seen that it had changed some time ago to being written in what I assumed was Chinese. I think I tried to ask about it on Goodreads, but I don't think my question there ever got saved properly.

A few years ago, you had planned to republish the majority of the works in the Chronicles of Jackson Spey series, the ones with more of Adin, it seemed like. I was bummed out when I realized there had been a book with Jackson as a mentor to a young wizard that was published after I'd read the others, and that it had gone out of print before I knew about it. I'd lost my chance to read it.

Then you needed to take time off from writing, and then had surgery for your vision. (I'm not sure exactly what order that went in, but remember reading about it.) I hoped you'd be able to go back to your republishing plans when you were feeling better, but you need to do what's best for your health, of course. You still do have readers who are interested in your paranormal books.

Take care,

Emilie/neyronrose