Friday, April 30, 2010

My Pix of the (Alternative) RT Convention

You might not know about this con, but it's specifically for flat-broke writers with friends in low places.

Now, on with the show!

Although I was greeted with a tackle hug and squee at the Izaboutshittin Super 8 Motel (I guess that's how they greet every attendee), you can't see me in this photo. I am on the ground, beneath the butt of the guy on the left, picking grass and a substance I couldn't identify out of my teeth. But, hey, it's the thought that counts.



After freshening up in my room, I went to one of the convention's meet-and-greet events. I have no idea who these authors are, except that they all have stripper names. They assured me they're great writers, in addition to being really freakin' cute and bubbly and fun-loving. When I told them I was camera shy, they informed me I didn't belong with their group.

So away I went, looking for a clique that would accept me. I finally found one. We had fun tossing around plot bunnies, although one did squash the hat of Hermione Trent (center front).

Next came dinner. Unfortunately, Ruby Netherlips (she's somewhere in the second pic), had partied herself out by then.









It was really too bad, 'cause she missed a great dance. The woman in the middle, Lil Shame, said to me, "You're K. Z. Snow?" (I'm in the lower right corner). "Yes!" I said excitedly. "Never heard of you," she replied.

The next day, we had our write-off (that would be the photo at the top), and then we hugged a lot and went home. It was a lovefest and a blast.

~ The End ~

8 comments:

LVLM(Leah) said...

Oh man, I'd so rather totally go to the alternative RT. Next time announce where it's gonna be. I'd be up in that junk.

K. Z. Snow said...

You'll be the first one I'll tell, Leah.

Chris said...

No (Alternative) Faery Ball?!? Well.

Ack. My veri is maria. Now I have that stupid song stuck in my head.

wren boudreau said...

KZ, did my invitation get lost in the mail? I would've brought jello shots.

Average Reader said...

Sounds like the best convention ever!

K. Z. Snow said...

Actually, Chris, instead of a Faery Ball, there was a Troll Bowl. I don't think I got any pix of it, though.

Wren, we did have Jell-o shots! But since the girls were getting a bit out of control, the shots were made with soy milk instead of liquor.

Val, you can't imagine...

Tam said...

Okay, I know you're trying to throw us off the scent but I'm pretty sure you are actually the one in the turquoise bikini and chaps, because that is the Wisconsin national dress.

Mmmm Hash. *gag*

K. Z. Snow said...

Tam, you're so funny.

Ha.

Ha.

Actually, the Wisconsin State Outfit is a John Deere duck-billed cap (although a feed mill logo will do) and bib overalls. You might find a muskie hat or two up north. Srsly.

Of course, city folks would dispute that. People get uppity in Madison and parts of Milwaukee. And Green Bay, of course, does its own stylin' based on a certain sports team.