Saturday, July 31, 2010

Got lucky again!


I am now eagerly awaiting a signed copy of Rick Reed's new Amber Allure collection, On the Edge. WOOOHOOO! (Click on post title to check this book out.)

Some of you might recall me mentioning here and there how addicted I've been to horror fic since I was a kid and how much I also love the eerie psycho-stews concocted by Ruth Rendell writing as Barbara Vine. But in the writing of RRR, I can enjoy gay eros in addition to a dose of chiller lit . . . in addition to some damned fine writing.

Perfection!

Honestly, I feel like a kid at Christmas. I'm going to allot myself only a certain portion of the book each day, as I did with Normal Miguel, so I can prolong my enjoyment. Abundant thanks to Mr. Reed for this unexpected gift!

4 comments:

Chris said...

Congrats, KZ! :)

Average Reader said...

Sounds good! Let us know all about it. :)

K. Z. Snow said...

Hi, guys!

You betcha, Val. I really admire Rick for having the 'nads to take a risk (again and again) and the talent to pull it off. He's unique in this genre.

Lily said...

Awesome, congrats!!