Friday, December 31, 2010

Some New Year's Love


Brought to you by me, via Mr. January. (You know I like my cookies dunked!)

This is going to sound more like a Thanksgiving Day post, but...eh, so what. New Year's Day is a good time to reflect.

Although none of my books has yet found its way into DIKdom, some are finally turning up on Favorites of the Year lists. Good golly, Miss Molly! I didn't think it was possible! So...my very deepest gratitude to Lisa at Michele 'n' Jeff Reviews for picking not one, not two, but three of my stories for her top fifteen. Lisa chose The Prayer Waltz, Electric Melty Tingles, and Mongrel. And I must shave off a slice of that gratitude for Jeff Erno at the same site; Jeff chose Fugly. I'm truly honored. (I'm also glad the folks at MnJ highlighted some books and authors I hadn't heard of before instead of coughing up predictable "yeah, yeah, what else is new?" picks. I love discovering new-to-me voices.)

Many profound thanks as well to Val Kovalin at Obsidian Bookshelf for recommending some of my titles this past year in her m/m fiction feature for All Romance eBooks' Wildfire newsletter. Val's support has bowled me over.

Chris at Stumbling Over Chaos has allowed me to offer my new releases as giveaways (in fact, there's a giveaway for precious_boy going on right now). I don't consider this a small feat. Even though Chris is the Queen of Links, setting up these listings requires an investment of time and effort, and that should never be taken for granted. Thank you, too, Lily, Lynn, and Jen (and a slew of people at Goodreads), for reviewing my books. It's always nice to see someone is paying attention! ;-)

I haven't been much of a blog hopper over the past year, but I couldn't have made it through each week without a dose of laughter from Tam and thought-provoking observations (!) from Kris.

What can I say about my author pals? Not enough. Aside from being talented writers, Wren and Kitty and Clare are a joy in every way -- insanely bright, funny, insightful, and kind. Oh, and hugs to Se for her unsolicited consideration in alerting me to things I wouldn't otherwise have noticed (like that CAPA nom). And then there are those selfless authors who've sent me personal messages just to let me know they've liked my work. (I'm not going to name them, but I hope they know who they are. Getting compliments from one's peers is a uniquely heady experience for any writer -- and for me, a boost to my often flagging confidence!)

I was also graced with superb publishers and phenomenal cover art in 2010. Although, contrary to popular belief, I did nothing to deserve the fruits of Anne Cain's and Christine Griffin's genius . . . I want more! :-D

So, dear people, may the New Year rain blessings on your lives. You all enriched my life in 2010.

(P.S. to my alma mater, whose football team made it into the Rose Bowl this year -- you suck!)

18 comments:

Jenre said...

A number of your books also got into the guest reviewers top books of the year at Reviews by Jessewave. I certainly had Mobry's Dick down in my top ten list :).

Here's the link if you missed it: http://www.reviewsbyjessewave.com/?p=39207

Congrats on all the positive reviews! You deserve it, really. You've worked hard this year and produced some fabbo books :).

*raises glass*
Here's to an equally successful 2011 for you!

K. Z. Snow said...

Thanks, Jen, both for the mention and the heads-up! I didn't even look at Wave's list. Jeff Erno happened to contact me, which is how I knew about his.

Tam said...

Yes, you were very popular over at Wave's and your dance card was full. :-)

You did have an outstanding year with so many excellent books, I hope that 2011 continues the trend and that you make that elusive DIK status. LOL Which I believe is highly overrated.

Stay warm (or dry) this lovely wet gray (for me) New Year's day.

K. Z. Snow said...

I've been plenty happy with my collections of five stars, Tam. But that little + at the end means somebody thinks a book is extraordinary enough to read more than once -- the ultimate accolade. I guess that's what makes a DIK special.

Staying dry yesterday would've been a problem, but not today. Actually, I'd rather have the mild temps and rain than the skin-blistering cold and wind we've got now. The valiantly shining sun is having no effect whatsoever! :-\

Kris said...

I'm assuming that exclamation point was to place emphasis on how awesome my posts are as opposed to questioning the fact that I came up with them in the first place.

*mutterrudeheadmutter*

Happy New Year, blah, blah.

K. Z. Snow said...

Yes indeed I meant awesome -- in your own distinctive, signature way. (!)

Heh.

wren boudreau said...

Oh my goodness, KZ, thanks for the shout-out! :) You are cool beans!

Congrats on being a favorite!

On Wisconsin...

K. Z. Snow said...

You're more than welcome, Wrenboo!

"On, Wisconsin"...ptewy. And I can't even find solace in the Packers! (Oh, when am I going to come to my senses and give up watching football?)

wren boudreau said...

Maybe you should be following a different team, say, the Steelers?

TCU had the prettier uniforms anyway :P

Chris said...

Aw, you are very, very welcome, KZ! :)

May you have a fabulous 2011.

Lily said...

Your popularity is well deserved as your books rock!

RL as usual was kicking me all over the place the last few days so haven't even tried to do an end of the year/favorites post... yet. :)

Thanks for the mention!

K. Z. Snow said...

Wren, I'll just pretend that comment doesn't exist and have three more peanut butter cookies.

wren boudreau said...

Denial. Not just a river in Egypt. But: YAY peanut butter cookies!

K. Z. Snow said...

Damn, Lily, I so hope 2011 brings you some well-deserved smooth sailing!

Thank you, by the way. And it was my pleasure to give a nod to y'all.

K. Z. Snow said...

Wren, don't you have a husband who wishes you didn't spend so much time in front of the computer?

(And they're freakin' good peanut butter cookies, too! Hand-scored with a sugar-dipped fork! And you can't have any!)

(So there!)

wren boudreau said...

My husband is sound asleep on the couch, thank you very much, happy to have seen little TCU beat the big badgers.

Fine. Don't share your pb cookies. See if I give you any homemade sugar cookies coated with real powdered sugar icing!

Katrina Strauss said...

Ooh, hello January! And thanks, KZ. It's nice to have some support, both of the moral and immoral variety, and I'm glad to include you in my own personal support group. ;)

K. Z. Snow said...

"It's nice to have some support, both of the moral and immoral variety..."

:-D Indeed!