Sunday, December 26, 2010

Stranger Than Fiction

An author friend clued me in that I've been nominated in the Favorite Erotic Author category of The Romance Studio's 2010 CAPA (Cupid and Psyche Awards) competition. TRS describes the CAPAs as "awards given by The Romance Studio for excellence in romantic and erotic fiction." (Click on post title to read more.)

Huh?

I have no idea how this happened, because, in all honesty, I know I'm not anybody's absolutenumberonefavorite author, but I think the nominations have something to do with TRS's reviews over the past year. I'm flattered but...

Huh?

The fact that few romance readers have even heard of me will not exactly make me a strong contender (heh -- that, and the authors I'm "up against," like Cameron Dane, Maya Banks, Lauren Dane, Jaci Burton, Samantha Kane, Shiloh Walker, etc.)

Actually, the more I think about it . . .


Animated Pictures Myspace Comments

(Ai-yai-yai . . . contests.)

12 comments:

wren boudreau said...

Okay, so non-congratulations to you!

K. Z. Snow said...

I just had to mention it, Wren, because I found it mystifying as well as amusing. ;-) I guess I'm befuddled by most contests.

Chris said...

Um... It'll get your name out there to a few more people at least, right?!

Tam said...

A) Congratulations to which you reply "Thank you, thank you. Really, the honour is in just being nominated with such an esteemed group of peers. I'm touched to be in their company.", then dab at your eye with a tissue.

B) You're my favourite on the list, in fact I've never even heard of most of those people. They must write girly parts.

C) Don't nominations for awards usually have 5 or 6 people, not 30?

D) Don't look a gift nomination in the mouth. ;-)

K. Z. Snow said...

I'm not sure, Chris. TRS covers the whooooole spectrum of romance fiction, so authors like Lori Foster, Jill Shalvis, Ilona Andrews, Jim Butcher, Nora Roberts, and Christine Feehan are also in the competition. (O_O I didn't know Butcher wrote romances!) I rather doubt their readers are going to pay much attention to unfamiliar names.

Chris said...

I don't see Jim Butcher in the list... Is there more than one list? His wife, Shannon K Butcher, writes paranormal romance.

Yes, Tam, most of the names on the list write about girly parts. ;)

K. Z. Snow said...

Tam, now I can't decide if you're meant to be a famous writer or a famous actor. :-D

Yeah, their categories are rather large and...inclusive. But thank you for picking me as your favorite in my category. (I guess they didn't know where else to put me!)

;-)

K. Z. Snow said...

Chris, you have to go to the master list of categories and nominees. Jim Butcher is in the more prestigious "Favorite Author" category (http://www.theromancestudio.com
/capa.php). That's why I was wondering if he'd started writing romance fiction, even of a sort.

Lily said...

Congrats!!! You're on my favorites list if that counts for something. :)

K. Z. Snow said...

Thanks, Lily! :)

Amy Lane said...

Hey-- I wasn't surprised to see you there at all, sweetheart! (I was, and am always, surprised to see Truth in the Dark listed as 'erotica', but I wasn't surprised to see you!)

K. Z. Snow said...

Hey, Amy babe! For you to turn up on any favorites list is no surprise whatsoever. Your books are crowd pleasers -- and understandably so.

I'm not quite in that league, however; hence my surprise. It was very kind of TRS to include me, though, and I'm touched by their consideration.