Now, for some miscellaneous news items:
- A reader on Dreamspinner's Facebook page threw quite the complimentary hissy fit about wanting Jude in Chains available in print. I was very flattered. Alas, since it's a novella this will never be. But I did sort of mention that if DSP coupled Jude with The Prayer Waltz, they'd have a print-size volume. Heh.
- My new steam-punkish WIP features a very alpha but bipolar "branded mongrel" named Fanule Perfidor (no, not a shifter; I don't do shifters), a young patent-medicine salesman, a second alpha, and a healer with some quite unusual characteristics. The book could be a bit grisly in spots but not gaggingly so.
- Anybody with genuine love and respect for our language should see this post at Katrina Strauss's blog.
- Congratulations to Lily for winning a download of Mobry's Dick via a Chris-sponsored giveaway. (Doesn't that sound egotistical? I mean, to "congratulate" someone for winning one of my books? I think so. Poor Lily could end up thinking it's the biggest piece of dreck ever to curse her eyes!)
- A cougar has been attacking livestock in the county immediately to the west of mine. Looks like I now have some competition. :-)
- My hands feel like overfried Spam after days of gardening. TMI?