- There's no excuse for a blog to require hours of special configuring to make it easy to use. Not in this day and age.
- It seems impossible to rearrange posts once they appear. (Here, for example, I can simply go to "Post Options" and reset dates and/or times. Voila! The post is where I want it.)
- It is impossible to reply to individual comments, follow individual threads, and expand/collapse threads.
- It is impossible to format comments without resorting to . . . what? I'm not even sure, since I don't know which codes are accepted, if any.
- Some comments just don't show up. Or show up late.
- There's no way to respond to a post, or see how many comments it has, from the blog's home page--unless, I suppose, some poor soul does all that bullshit configuring I mentioned above.
- And what's with the freaking boxes around individual paragraphs? (I'm guessing paragraphs are at the mercy of special configuring too.)
- Copying and pasting material from another source results in all kinds of pain-in-the-ass weirdness (like the entire text appearing in italics that can't be removed, or a section from the top appearing at the bottom, or broken sentences after commas).
If I felt like giving this more thought, which I don't, I could come up with a bunch of other gripes. So feel free to add any I've missed.
It astonishes me that today's technobrainiacs haven't been able to make WordPress more user friendly and reliable. Make it simple, Stupid! Not everybody has a degree in computer science or the time to dick around learning the ins and outs of every damned app and program and platform out there.
Yahoo Groups generally suck, Blogger ain't the greatest, but I'll take either of them over WordPress (and Live Journal too, for that matter) any day.
There. I feel a little better now.