Sunday, October 03, 2010

Fugly cover is still a contender!

FIRST get on over to Katiebabs' blog -- http://kbgbabbles.blogspot.com/2010/10/it-gets-better-my-500-pledge.html -- and leave a comment NOW! The incredibly caring and generous KB is donating up to $500 to the Trevor Project and the Matthew Shepard Foundation for every comment her post receives. If you're a fan of any form of queer fiction, you must do this. These organizations and others like them provide hope for all GLBT young people struggling to take pride in themselves and gain acceptance within their communities. So go comment!

Now back to the original topic. Check out Elisa Rolle's Rainbow Awards cover competition -- http://elisa-rolle.livejournal.com/1127553.html. Elisa put the Fugly cover front-and-center in her announcement for round six. I'm so, so happy Christine Griffin is getting this exposure! Her work is phenomenal. (Click on the post title to see her online gallery if you don't believe me -- even though you should believe me, since I have an infallible aesthetic sense. *g*)

I'm hoping the cover goes far, but I'm not going to hold my breath. I have a feeling people prefer "pritty" covers over gritty ones. Still, it's gratifying to see Christine get some recognition.

9 comments:

Chris said...

Woot!! :)

Lily said...

I went to vote this morning and saw the cover front and center. :)

wren boudreau said...

It might be more gritty than pritty, but it's a powerful image!

K. Z. Snow said...

Cool, eh? I can't speak highly enough about good cover artists, and I've been blessed with some good ones. Love those people!

Jenre said...

Good for you because it's a very arresting cover! I keep voting for it so hopefully my vote will somehow count :).

Tam said...

I see Bastards and Pretty Boys is also in the running. I'll have to vote later when I get home. My monitor in my new office is more open. Ugh.

K. Z. Snow said...

On behalf of Christine, thanks, Jen! I hope favorable reactions to any well-crafted, unique cover art will help do away with the cheesy stuff and "legitimatize" romance fiction in general.

Pooh, Tam, the government is always putting a damper on your Internet activity. How dare they? :-)

Kris said...

I adore cover for Fugly. It's stunning.

K. Z. Snow said...

Yup, it sure it. Not your standard romance novel fare--a good thing.