Monday, September 28, 2009

Hey, Phelps, you mofo!

So after dosing myself with analgesics and finding the right pillow to put behind me on my desk chair, I finally got into a nice writing groove. In fact, I think physical pain helps deepen a story, as long as the author can keep it from interfering with her/his keyboarding skills.

After a fairly productive day, off I went in search of a brief diversion, because my life's been sorely lacking in amusement over the past week. What led to my chuckles, in a roundabout way, was a message delivered via the wonderful members of the Westboro Baptist Church in Topeka, Kansas and their eloquently perspicacious pastor, Fred Phelps. See it there, on the right? I swear, these warm-hearted folks put the "Christ" back in "Christian."



After catching up with news on the equal-opportunity-haters front (because WBC also foments loathing of Jews, Blacks, and the entire United States of America, for being the melting pot it is), I followed some links and came upon an even more inspiring website.


Look what it let me do!



Click on the post title to do some sign-making of your own. It's very therapeutic.

4 comments:

Jeanne Barrack said...

That *was* fun.
I feel better now. ;~D

K. Z. Snow said...

I just did a bunch more, Jeanne, hoping to make myself sleepy enough to...well...sleep.

Kris said...

ROFL! Very nice slogan, KZ. I'm sure that the higher beings approve.

Tam said...

Funny. I'm terrible about thinking things up like that. While cleaning out my photobucket account I did find a similar one that my daughter did on a church sign.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y9/ipol28/CURCH.jpg

I'm still trying to figure out the hidden message. :-) Oh and those church people are whack.