Friday, June 11, 2010

The Most Overlooked, Underappreciated...

Since a lot of us seem to take musical breaks from our reading and writing, I figured I'd pick up what's kind of becoming a blog meme, even though I still don't know exactly what a meme is. I decided to pay homage to some of the greatest voices in pop music that you either never heard of or have forgotten about.

Let's start with Terence Trent D'Arby. Remember him? An American ex-pat living in Great Britain, last I heard. But he could be in Bora Bora now for all I know. Gorgeous, talented man. I was blown away when I first saw him perform this song. (Sananda Maitreya must be the name he now goes by. Castanet doesn't care. She still wants to do him.)


8 comments:

LVLM(Leah) said...

Oh damn two days late. I was just on iTunes looking for some music to download and have totally forgotten about him.

I was totally in love with him and had all his cassette tapes. Heh. dated myself there.

Wishing Well... And he's so hot! Will have to download him now. Thanks for the reminder about him.

K. Z. Snow said...

Hi, Leah!

We'll date ourselves together, then. 'Cause I also have a valued TTD cassette. :-)

Jenre said...

I remember this one from my misspent youth. I had it taped from the top 40 radio programme :).

K. Z. Snow said...

Just wait, Jen. I've got some lady Brits coming up from my misspent youth. ;-)

Tam said...

Skinny little hips, tight little butt, I can see the attraction. I do remember him once I heard his name but I wasn't a huge fan back in the day.

Lily said...

I do remember him although I wasn't too big a fan of his music. Tam's right though, nice bod!

Chris said...

I remember his body from videos, but wasn't a big fan of the music...

K. Z. Snow said...

Keep in mind he no longer looks that way. But I remember him having incredible stage presence "back in the day" -- better than Prince, I thought.