Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Now I'M a wiener!

Before I tell you what it is I've won, here's a reminder to pop in at Beth Wylde's Yahoo group on Wednesday to visit with Clare London, Chrissy Munder, Patric Michael, Felicitas Ivey, Jaime Samms, and me. (I'll be the one hugging the wall near the punch bowl.)

Now, what did I win? A print copy of a book. PRINT. Words on paper. Bound. No more sitting at my desktop to read, at least temporarily. My eyes and back and butt, they are so very happy! They tell me to enter more contests for print books! (For some reason, it's been difficult for me to get m/m fiction through the interlibrary loan system. I don't know if that's because my local-yokel library is falling down on the job or because not many libraries in the U.S. carry m/m fiction.)

Which book did I win? Click on the post title to find out. I've been eager to read this story, which breaks many genre norms in many good ways. Abundant thanks, especially from my eyes, back, and butt, to Mark Probst at Cheyenne Publishing!

9 comments:

Chris said...

Congrats!!

If you're interested in the series set in New Orleans by Poppy Z. Brite (the first two books are Liquor and Prime), I know my library system has them... because I have them out. :)

Lily said...

Congrats!!

I've heard good things about this story. Enjoy! :)

K. Z. Snow said...

Good idea, Chris! I haven't tackled a PZB in a long time. Yeah, her stuff would be more readily available because she's an established author.

Bet I'd have a helluva time finding Bareback, though. Not to mention the dozens of others on my wishlist. :-(

Gah, I wish libraries would get with the program when it comes to small presses. My copy of Wicked Gentlemen came all the way from Bellingham, Washington -- which just happens to be where the publisher is located.

K. Z. Snow said...

Thanks, Lily. I've heard good things too. Characters, storyline, setting -- everything about it appeals to me.

I need to get lost in a book that isn't one of my own! ;-)

Tam said...

Yay you. That book did get a good review. Quite a different setting which is always a nice change.

I'll try and make it over there today but we'll see if I'm allowed at the salt mine or if I have to wait till I get home.

Tam said...

Umm. That would be a big gigantic no to checking out the yahoo group at work.

I'll stop by when I get home tonight. Have a super fun day.

K. Z. Snow said...

Gee, Tam, you mean you're not willing to get fired for me? Aw, come on...

Tam said...

I think I have to be a member of the group. It won't let me see messages. Sigh

K. Z. Snow said...

Yep, you must be a member. But, man, those events are exhausting. I was there roughly from 8 to 5. Chrissy Munder's effort was absolutely heroic. I'll bet she's been at that group for 18 hours keeping things rolling. Superwoman, I swear.