Sunday, June 06, 2010

A truly fond farewell . . .



To one of the best Internet book-review sites EVER -- highly literate but never pretentious, often full of gentle humor, and always fair.

(Okay, so I forked out a small fortune in bribes over the past couple of years, but I consider it money well spent.)

So here's to "Well Read" and a smart, kind, unassuming lady from Leeds. (Sorry, no spicy cookies this time. A sweet one seems more appropriate.) I'm keeping it on my Favorites list; even inactive, it belongs there.



8 comments:

Tam said...

What a sweet tribute. Jen's posts will be missed.

Katrina Strauss said...

I liked Jen's site, too. She has always offered thoughtful reviews!

Average Reader said...

Very nice, K.Z.! Her blog was definitely top-of-line. :)

wren boudreau said...

Aw, you're so nice. Jen's blog will certainly be missed, but thank goodness she'll still be out and about.s

Jenre said...

Oh heck, now I'm crying again!

Thank you KZ for such a touching post about little old me. I count you as one of my internet friends and I hope that long continues.

K. Z. Snow said...

"Oh heck, now I'm crying again!"

Fair is fair, Jen. ;-)

You're not getting rid of me anytime soon.

(The rest of you better not be closing up shop, or I'll really go berserk! Hell, I already have Castanet cowering.)

Chris said...

*sniff*

Lily said...

Aww, sweet! I'll miss her site, too.