Tuesday, June 23, 2009

A Stunning Review from Book Utopia

Acts of the Saints, my near-dead Samhain black sheep, was generously resurrected by Book Utopia, one of the most impressive review sites for (often, but not exclusively) GLBT fiction. B.U. told me this was one of the longest reviews she'd ever written. Click on the post title to see it.

Honestly, I can't begin to say how much I respect a critique of this nature. The depth and detail of it--hell, the sheer intelligence behind it--leave me nearly awestruck. This is "textbook" reviewing. I'm enormously grateful for the time spent on a novel that's pretty much languished in oblivion for three years.

(Yes, this is the same book reviewed by Mrs. Giggles and mentioned in the June 2 post below.)

4 comments:

Jenre said...

I saw that review this morning. Congratulations. BU Mom is one of the best, and fairest, reviewers out there.

K. Z. Snow said...

Thanks, Jen. I fully agree she's superb. But then again, so are you!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations K.Z.!!

K. Z. Snow said...

Thank you, Anya. I thought it was extremely kind of her to give this book a try.