Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Thank you, Babel Fish.

Somebody wants to befriend me on LiveJournal. However, everything on her page (I think it's a she) is in some Cyrillic alphabet (I think it's Cyrillic), so I of course had no idea what this person was about. I brought up Yahoo's most excellent resource, Babel Fish. It's the Dudley Do-Right of translators. And voila! My wannabe-friend's message became clear as . . . well, you decide:

This to you not after the samovar with the pancakes mother-in-law to dance.

I'm so glad this person found me. Now I'm not only in possession of a nugget of wisdom, I have a title for my new book. Can you guess what it is?

  • Samovars and Pancakes
  • The Pancake's Mother-in-Law
  • Dancing with My Mother-in-Law
  • After the Samovar with the Pancakes (Comes the Mr. Coffee with the Toast)
  • This To You, Not My Mother-in-Law
  • Babel Fish Translates George Bush's Last Speech

(Sorry, I have to go pee. My bladder can't take such harassment.)



No comments: