Friday, May 21, 2010

Why I Love My Internet Pals

Because they send me things like this when I really need things like this (compliments of Chris):


And because they invite me to participate in their demented schemes.

And because they often say nice things, privately and publicly, when I desperately need to hear nice things.

And because if I whine about wanting to see something, I usually get to see it. (No, I'm not showing you the wet men I got for my birthday. I want to keep them slick with water, not drool.)

And because they keep me in my place, pump me up, calm me down, and generally provide pleasant paths through the dung-strewn fields writers often have to navigate if they want to remain writers.

Thank you all so much. (I know I left out many names, but I'm not as patient or clever with linkity as the tech-proficient mom of a certain pair of cats. Besides, I couldn't blab about the private emails. And besides that, I don't want to look like I'm sucking up to reviewers and other authors who I happen to think are smart, caring, classy people. Let's just say they're an elite group.)

6 comments:

Chris said...

You are, of course, very welcome. :) What are friends for?

wren boudreau said...

Aww, KZ, you're a sweetie. :D

It's great when we find people with whom we can connect. I am grateful for your companionship in the dung fields of life!

Tam said...

The internet is a pretty great place. Glad you luff us. :-)

Kris said...

WHAT THE HELL DO YOU MEAN DEMENTED?!

And I was gonna give you a tackle hug and everything. *poutmope*

Chris said...

Oh! That reminded me - we use a chat client at work called Pidgin, which has "Buddy Pounce". Sounds perfect for KZ, huh?

Wow. My veri word is grain.

K. Z. Snow said...

Kris, your face is going to freeze that way.

Chris, Pidgin sounds...perverted.

Khris, doesn't anybody just shake hands anymore?