Monday, July 11, 2011

Have you been keeping up?

With the Hot Summer Days stories at the Goodreads M/M Romance group?  (I put a link in the post title.)  What do you think of them so far?

I've only managed to read one every couple of days or so, because I've found that reading two to four stories every day kind of muddles my mind as I work on my WIP (too many different styles, characters, themes, etc.)  So, I'll probably be playing catch-up well into next year.  :)

The whole thing has been a phenomenal effort on the part of writers as well as the group's moderators, and that in and of itself impresses me no end.

6 comments:

Tam said...

I can't keep up at all. Ugh. With the other reviews I have to read for, stuff I want to read, the panic sets in. Oh and I need to fix that other story. Ugh. I need more time, less real job and to win the lottery. :-)

Chris said...

It's sort of overwhelming me! :)

K. Z. Snow said...

Oh, that's right, Tam. You already have your own reading (and now writing) schedule to keep up with.

Our freakin' lottery tickets have now doubled in price from $1 to $2. Screw it. That's two glasses of beer at the Wooden Nickel. :)

K. Z. Snow said...

It is kind of overwhelming, Chris. I think it would've been perfectly acceptable to set a length limit on each story. After all, every publisher who issues an anthology does that. It's a good exercise in discipline for writers, and it prevents people from going hog wild and turning in novellas. Yikes.

Tracy said...

I can't keep up either. Too much to do/read and so little time. lol

K. Z. Snow said...

Hi, Tracy! Yup, I hear ya.