Wednesday, February 01, 2012

Corvette Cocks



Today I'm at the Chicks & Dicks blog for their "Non-traditional Heroes" month. Why? Because Anne Tenino invited me, that's why. And I was raised well enough not to turn down an invitation unless I have a believable excuse handy death in the family or a debilitating illness/injury.

I suppose it's obvious to readers familiar with my stories that I shy away from creating high-powered heroes. On Saturday, I'll explain why. This doesn't mean I like slothful characters, and it doesn't mean paranormal-type protagonists are out of the question for me -- obviously. But it does mean that in my mind even a vampire can get gas, like Ridley Barron in the Utopia-X series, and even a wizard can have a midlife crisis, like Jackson Spey in Carny's Magic (not yet published), and small-town guys can be every bit as admirable as urban billionaires and crime-busters.

It should be an interesting month at Chicks & Dicks. Genre luminaries like Marie Sexton and Damon Suede, among others, are also scheduled to appear. Click on the post title to get there.

No comments: