Friday, November 20, 2009

Two Bright Spots


Not in front of my eyes, thank goodness (I've been plagued by optical migraines since my early twenties -- a weird condition).

So anyway, Mobry's Dick has apparently been accepted by my beloved Loose Id -- a good thing, because I'm about five chapters into the sequel. Now it's a matter of getting the sequel accepted. This duology is primarily a contemporary m/m romance with ambiguous hints of the paranormal. If you've ever watched "Ghost Hunters," you know that hints of the paranormal in life on earth are almost always ambiguous.

On to Bastards and Pretty Boys. I can't say too much about this development just yet, but it has to do with a rather surprising email I got from Tina Burns (Liquid Silver's publisher) and something in the works at All Romance eBooks for December. It kind of floored me, actually, in a good way.



And speaking of ARe, many warm thanks to Val Kovalin of Obsidian Bookshelf for the kind of review that's a help to the author as well as to readers. (Val does an excellent m/m review column for ARe's "Wildfire" newsletter. See? There was a connection there!) You can find her B&PB review HERE.

Wish I had good news to report about Jude in Chains, but holy hot damn, the publisher to which I sent it is slower than a snail with a boner. (You must use your imagination to determine how slow that is.) I hate like hell pestering editors, but this wait is already three months old. That's what I get for venturing beyond the tried and true . . . and quicker.

9 comments:

Average Reader said...

You're very welcome, K. Z., and thanks for the link. Big congrats on your acceptance with Loose Id, and the good news involving Bastards and Pretty Boys!

K. Z. Snow said...

Hey, Val! What a pleasure to make my Obsidian Bookshelf "debut"!

I do love Loose Id. This will be my fifth book with them. It's a great e-pub.

The ARe news was very gratifying, too. I can't wait to post about it.

Tam said...

Now you've got me very very curious. Hmmm.

Congrats on Mobry's Dick. Looking forward to it. (That sounds so dirty.)

Kris said...

Good seekrits should be shared immediately. Just sayin'.

Awesome news about LI picking up Mobry's Dick. (That definitely sounds dirty.)

K. Z. Snow said...

Sorry, ladies. (Oh shit, I forgot that greeting is supposed to include Kris.) It's not that I enjoy being mysterious, but I'm just not at liberty to blab about any details yet. Wouldn't I make a good politician or spokesperson? :-)

Actually, Mobry's Dick isn't any dirtier than your average gay erotic romance. Less, in fact. (Seems I'm becoming more and more of a story hound.) The sequel, however, opens with a rimming scene. And it's kind of amusing.

Kris said...

*mutterbitchmutter*

The sequel starts with a rimming scene? Too funny. Does it smell like a rosebud and tastes like strawberries? That would be a really important point to make clear.

K. Z. Snow said...

No, of course not. Nothing that silly. It's very realistic. The odd-man-out even farts into the mattress.

Aside from that, it's quite romantic.

(Now you don't know what to believe, do you? Good.)

Kris said...

I think I speak for the majority when I say that I totally believe you would put an inappropriate sex scene fart into a work of erotica.

K. Z. Snow said...

How do you know it's inappropriate? You don't yet know who releases this poot. Or why. Or even if I'm being serious.

;-)