These aren't really heavy or depressing ones, just some that have popped into my mind in the past week or so.
- Do Chinese men get English words tattooed on their bodies?
- Why do so many erotic romance authors have stripper names?
- How many times can the word cock be used in a sex scene before you begin to think the author maybe gets a little gooey around the gonads every time s/he types it?
- How come Google can't figure out which alerts actually pertain to me?
- Do a lot of people have incomprehensibly shitty taste, in all kinds of things, or is it just me?
- Why do I watch "Project Runway" and "Top Chef" considering I nearly flunked home ec and can't stand either sewing or cooking?
- Why did JLA tell me I have "worms" just because I ate hot fudge straight out of the jar? What kind of worms do I have? (Yes, this exchange actually took place. Of course, the accusation came from a man who thinks there's a state in the Union called "Massatooshits" and Holland is an island.)
- How come the psychic mediums who aid in police investigations can never actually solve crimes? (Medium: "It happened in this room. I can feel her fear as his hands close around her neck." Cop: "Don't tell us shit we already know! Tell us whose fucking hands!")
- Why don't skunks smell bad to themselves?
- Why can't I suppress a grimace when I see certain people, like Pat Sajak, Hugh Hefner, Bill Murray, Quentin Tarantino, Kathy Griffin, David Letterman, Rod Stewart, Conan O'Brien, and dozens of others? Why do their looks make me shiver in a bad way? I have no reason to dislike them--I never met them--and it isn't that they're all uglier than a bag of unwashed scrotums. But my face just goes into lemon-suck mode when I see them. This doesn't happen when I look at, say, Keith Richards, who is uglier than a bag of unwashed scrotums . . . with all the tolerable ones picked out. Really, it's a peculiar phenomenon.
I could go on and on, because I wonder about a lot of things, but I'll stop now. What do you wonder about?